Karelian Skiing tour - From guesthouse to guesthouse cross country skiing
Set out for a tour by ski to the idyllic countryside of North Karelia. Snow, white forests and frozen lakes; February and March are the best times of the year for skiing in North Karelia. The sun is shining, the snow glistens, the frozen lakes and hills are covered with a thick coat of snow.
Daily skiing tour is between 15 and 25 km. You should already be able to ski and have a good condition for this tour! You’ll take sandwiches and hot tea or berry juice with you from the breakfast table. Please bring your own rucksack and thermos flask with you. It is quiet in the forests. Sometimes you can see hare footprints or even elk footprints crossing our ski track. Take your time and let your mind be free of everything else but the nature, silence and skiing.
In the evening you can have a sauna and cool-off in the snow. You also get to know typical Finnish homemade delicacies and after a good night sleep you are fit to ski again. The food is local and we also often use organic products.
This tour is self-guided.
Arrival at Guesthouse Laitalan Lomat in Valtimo.
Dinner and getting to know the fellow-skiers.
Getting to know the skis, skiing tour on the fields and in the forests of Laitalan Lomat in the afternoon, 16 km.
Grill sausages by the campfire on our pause.
Accommodation in Laitalan Lomat.
Skiing along variable terrain to Guesthouse Pihlajapuu, 25 km.
Accommodation at Pihlajapuu.
Skiing tour in the surroundings of Pihlajapuu.
Aronsalmi tour, 12-20 km.
Accommodation at Pihlajapuu.
Transfert to back to your car or city of Nurmes /Railway Station or Bomba Spa
Or You can ski back to Laitalan Lomat and have extra nights.
- Pihlajapuu 4.-6.2. > Laitala 6.-8.2.
- Laitala 29.2.-2.3. > Pihlajapuu 2.-4.3.
- Laitala 7.-9.3. > Pihlajapuu 9.-11.3.
- Laitala 14.-16.3. > Pihlajapuu 16.-18.3.
Groupsize: max. 15 person.
Option to day 5 or more:
Extra night at Bomba Spa or Karelian village from 98€/person / Twin room.
Bomba area have very high-quality tracks for skiing, in the evening lights is on until 9 pm.
The tour price includes:
Accommodation at two guesthouses (Laitalan Lomat and Pihlajapuu) in double rooms, full board, sauna every day, luggage transport, guidance. The group is an international group.
For an additional fee and order: Classical massage from 60€/h at Laitalan Lomat or Pihlajapuu
Transfer from Airport or Railway Station Kuopio to gueshouse 400€/1-15 person taxi/direction
Transfer from Railway Station Nurmes to guesthouse 25€/person.
- Please note, that because we are saving nature, we take the bed linen with us from the first guesthouse to be used in all the other guesthouses, too.
- The bed linen bag will be carried by the luggage transfer.
- You will get clean towels in every guesthouse.
- Physical condition needed: Skiing experience and good condition to ski max. 30 km/day. We advice you to ski in your home country or elsewhere before you take part in our skiing tour.
- The tour is international. Info in Finnish and English